The Church Centre
In addition to our Worship Area, the Centre has numerous halls and are used by many community groups, charities, youth groups, private birthday parties, wedding and family celebrations.
Our long-term bookings include Blood Donors, A.A. Group, Meljon Singers, Downshall Pre-school Playgroup, Slimmer's World, Karate Group, Councillor Surgeries, Brownies, Rainbows, Scouts, Trefoil Guild, Lunch Club, Asian Women's Group, One Learning Tuition Centre.
The following venues may be hired by arrangement: Main Hall, Fellowship Hall, Chapel Room (carpeted), Upper Room (a smaller carpeted area with seating, reached by a flight of stairs. No disabled access.) The kitchen is well-equipped for catering.
The Main Entrance and entire ground floor is step free. There is an accessible toilet for those with restricted mobility and wheelchair users.
We have installed CCTV and it is in constant operation.
To find out more about hire charges, terms and conditions, please contact the church office:
020 8598 1536.
Brief History of the Centre:
The Church was originally built in 1904. It was a large building with a wide nave, an ornate wooden rood screen, a large pipe organ and a raised altar at the west end. Next door was the vicarage and two halls. The building was substantially developed between 1989-90. The vicarage and halls were demolished, and Trillo Court now stands on this site for the elderly with support needs.
The church was re-dedicated in September 1990, re-configuring the interior of the main building into a Worship Area and a new parish centre. Some aspects of the original building have been retired such as the stained glass windows and a belfry. The bell is rung every Sunday morning for a short time prior to our Sunday morning service.
We celebrated our centenary in 2004. In the following year we installed a new stained glass window in the west end of the Worship Area.